We know the journey to zero waste is a hard one, but it is worth it!
To help you, we put together a list of ways you can stay sustainable while at home.
Living this way is fun, inspiring, and requires some inventiveness!
We’ve found the majority of waste comes from the bathroom and the kitchen.
- Use bar face wash, soap, shampoo and conditioner to cut down on plastic bottles
- If you run out of your liquid hand soap, or body wash, go to a grocery store and refill it with bulk soap instead of tossing your plastic container!
- Use a bamboo toothbrush
- For toothpaste, we love Bite Toothpaste. It comes in a glass bottle as little tablets you chew with water to make the paste yourself!
- Dental lace! no more plastic boxes of floss for us
- Running out of cleaning spray? Simply take the peels of 2 oranges, put into an Ancolie jar and top off with white vinegar. Wait for two weeks, then strain and put the liquid into a spray bottle and you are ready to go!
- You don’t need paper towels. Unpaper towels work perfectly fine!
- Food waste: use ALL of the fruit or vegetable, even the skins. At Ancolie, we take edible apple skins and dry them into chips. They are delicious and low calorie. What can you think of?
- Compost and recycle the rest, of course!
- Purchase items in bulk, or glass jars so you can reuse!
How do you stay sustainable? Any tips to share with us? We would love to hear from you!